- what information we may collect about you and how we store that information;
- how we will use and store information we collect about you;
- when we may use your details to contact you;
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us; and
Please note that New Zealand’s Privacy Laws may differ from your home country’s privacy laws.
The information we collect:
We may collect information about you (such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) through:
- you contacting us directly;
- providing goods or services to you (where relevant);
- provided by you as a user of our ticketing services; and
- you filling out a form on our website, including a ‘Contact Us’ form.
If you enter your contact details in one of our online forms, we may use this information to contact you even if you don’t ‘send’ or ‘submit’ the form. We will only do this to see if we can help with any problems you might be experiencing with the form or with our websites.
We automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our website (such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your internet service provider).
How we use this information
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- in relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us;
- to provide any goods or services to you (where relevant);
- for internal administration purposes;
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically consented to receive marketing communications from us (see below);
- to provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive;
- to personalise the way our content is presented to you;
- To verify your identity if you need help with getting access with one of our services;
- To process any transactions that you might make on our website or associated services;
- To help provide any other services that you have requested;
- To contact you in case of a cancellation or a change in event details;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries; and
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
We use non-personally identifiable information to analyse usage of our website (such as aggregated information on the pages visited by our users), which allows us to improve the design and content of our site. Any data gathered will be shared, if appropriate, with any third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only contact you for marketing purposes where you have provided us with your consent to do so. You can opt out of receiving electronic marketing messages at any time by contacting us, or by using the unsubscribe facility contained in the relevant messages.
Sharing and disclosure of personal information
We will only use your information for the purposes for which it was obtained. We may share your personal information with any of the following: other entities in our group, our professional advisors, legal tribunals and courts, promoter and/or the venue of the event you are booking tickets to, and any of our third party service providers (including web services and cloud storage/hosting providers) where that disclosure is reasonably required to fulfil any purpose for which your personal information was collected.
We may also disclose personal information where:
- we are required to do so by law;
- you have expressly consented to the disclosure or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- we are otherwise permitted to do so under Privacy Laws.
For the purposes set out above we may transfer personal information to parties located in other countries (some of which may not have an equivalent level of data protection laws as those in New Zealand). Before transferring any personal information to an overseas recipient, we take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the overseas recipient complies with the principles contained in New Zealand Privacy Laws or is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme unless you consent to the disclosure or it is otherwise required or permitted by law.
Security of information
We hold personal information in accordance with Privacy Laws.
We are committed to keeping personal information secure. We will use all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information that you transmit over the internet or that may be collectable in transit by others (including contractors who provide services to us).
How you can access or correct your personal information
You have a right to request access to, and correction of, personal information we hold about you by contacting us at the details in the ‘Contact Us’ section below. Your request will be dealt with in accordance with Privacy Laws.
The accuracy of the information we hold about you is important. Please advise us if your personal information changes to help in ensuring that the information we hold is up to date, complete and relevant.
Collection of information by others
Our Website contains links to other sites and you should consult the other sites’ privacy notices. Their information practices may be different than ours and we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of third party websites and your use of those websites is at your own risk.
Secure Online Payments
As a standard policy, we do not store credit card details for the security of our users.
When making a purchase through our website or associated services, your credit card details are securely processed using Stripe or Windcave or Pin Payments, which are all PCI-compliant internet payment gateway providers. Transferred data is encrypted over an SSL connection to ensure all transactions are transmitted securely.
We recommend that you also use best-practice precautions when accessing the internet via public Wi-Fi networks or shared computers to keep your payment information as secure as possible
Cookies: Cookies are small text files on your device. They are made by your web-browser when you visit a website. Every time you go back to that website, your browser will send the cookie file back to our website’s server.
Other cookies and authentication tokens may be used to help us tailor services or to deliver information to you that may be more relevant or interesting to you. We may use automated devices and applications to evaluate usage of our website. We use these tools to help us improve our website’s performance and user experiences.
If you choose to disable or block cookies, parts of our website may not function as intended, or at all. Cookies can be disabled or blocked through your browser settings.
Last updated 12 September 2023.